This website uses cookies to give you the best online experience. If you'd like to know more or change your preferences, our Cookie Policy explains more.You consent to our cookies if you continue to use our website.
Cookie preferences

Cookies are small text files which are stored in your browser when you visit many websites.

Optoma use cookies to help make your browsing experience more enjoyable, and to help us determine which pages are of the most interest to you. This helps us identify ways we can improve our website for you in future.

You can change how cookies are used on our site using the options below; changes take effect the next time you load a page on our site:

Use functional cookies Do not use functional cookies
 
Tick icon We will remember this choice Tick icon We will remember this choice
Tick icon We will track your anonymous visit Tick icon We will not track your anonymous visit
Tick icon You can share content on social networks Tick icon Some social network functions will not work
Tick icon Our website is fully functional Tick icon Some areas of our website will not work
If you close this dialog without selecting an option, we will default to allowing cookies.
Search
Enter a search term above and hit enter
Industry Property development
Region UK
Type of Solution
UHZ65 laser 4K UHD projector in dedicated home cinema with surround sound and lighting
Installation Company
Jetset Home Automation
www.jetset.tv
Using the latest technology solutions, Jetset Home Automation specialises in the full integration of home systems into properties throughout the UK and Europe.
“A home cinema is a prerequisite for this type of luxury development. And we know from our previous projects that it is the technology that often sells the house – so having everything integrated was key.”
Neil Badcock, founder of Jetset Home Automation
“We specifically wanted to install the projector in its own projection room and not hung on the ceiling. And obviously the further back the projector is set, the larger the image becomes. The UHZ65 was the only laser 4K projector that could come down to a 4-metre wide screen from that distance and yet still retain its brightness and vibrant colours.”
Neil Badcock
“It is great that we have been involved right from the start, inputting into the design and layout with the builders so that everything works for the home automation. Essentially, we needed to plan the house around the requirements of the 25-metre long bowling alley which is in the basement with the home cinema. We have had to adapt and be flexible when layouts or lighting changed or to add elements to the control system – such as the air conditioning which was originally planned to run separately.”
Neil Badcock
“The real beauty of this system is that once it is set up, it is incredibly easy for the homeowner to use.”
Neil Badcock
“My client is delighted with the end result. Although there is also a TV room and various lounges, he uses the cinema room a lot! The first thing we screened here was the golf. There was no problem spotting the ball with this great image quality and huge screen!”
Neil Badcock

Integrated systems give luxury property the wow factor

Challenge 
A developer of luxury properties was building a magnificent 4-storey 6-bedroom property in the leafy outskirts of Beaconsfield which would include a bowling alley, cocktail bar, wine cellar, sauna and steam room, summer house and, of course, a dedicated home cinema.  

It would have the latest audio visual equipment, lighting, heating, air conditioning, CCTV, gate entry to the property and even a watering system all integrated within a single intuitive control system.

Having already developed three properties previously with Jetset Home Automation they appreciated how having the latest home AV throughout impresses prospective buyers and provides the ‘wow’ factor.  

Neil Badcock, founder of Jetset Home Automation, said: “A home cinema is a prerequisite for this type of luxury development.  And we know from our previous projects that it is the technology that often sells the house – so having everything integrated was key.”


Solution
The team installed Optoma’s UHZ65 laser 4K UHD projector in the home theatre to project from 9.5 metres away onto a 4m wide fixed frame screen.  

Neil said: “We specifically wanted to install the projector in its own projection room and not hung on the ceiling.  And obviously the further back the projector is set, the larger the image becomes.  The UHZ65 was the only laser 4K projector that could come down to a 4-metre wide screen from that distance and yet still retain its brightness and vibrant colours.”

Jetset installed surround sound, lighting and seats with refrigerated armrests in the cinema – all controlled with the Vantage Control system. 

The development has taken 18 months to complete.  Neil said: “It is great that we have been involved right from the start, inputting into the design and layout with the builders so that everything works for the home automation.

“Essentially, we needed to plan the house around the requirements of the 25-metre long bowling alley which is in the basement with the home cinema.  We have had to adapt and be flexible when layouts or lighting changed or to add elements to the control system – such as the air conditioning which was originally planned to run separately.”

With 200 lighting circuits, four lighting control boards, four video distribution boards and four control boards, the AV equipment, lighting, heating, air conditioning, CCTV, gate entry and garden watering system are integrated within the Vantage intuitive control system.

The system is controlled either via the touchpads in each room or via the app which has a consistent and intuitive user interface.  

This control system is set with the longitude and latitude co-ordinates from the house which allow it to automatically turn on lighting based on the sunset for that particular day.  Integrating the heating system allows it open windows and increase/reduce room temperature.

Neil added: “The real beauty of this system is that once it is set up, it is incredibly easy for the homeowner to use.”


Results 
The property is truly stunning and integrates the latest technology throughout.  The whole house can even be controlled via Alexa if this is wanted by the homeowner.  

Neil said: “My client is delighted with the end result.  Although there is also a TV room and various lounges, he uses the cinema room a lot!  The first thing we screened here was the golf.  There was no problem spotting the ball with this great image quality and huge screen!”


Installation
Jetset Home Automation

Using the latest technology solutions, Jetset Home Automation specialises in the full integration of home systems into properties throughout the UK and Europe. 
www.jetset.tv

Tel: 07973 21 45 21
info@jetsetonline.com

Equipment List

Optoma UHZ65 laser 4K UHD home cinema projector, Vantage controls, Arteor switches, Equinox 73 touchscreens, Equinox 41 touchscreens, 850d multizone amplifiers, H-vac interface, HDMI Video matrix, Arteor dimmers and relays, Arteor heating controller and display thermostats, Bticino gate entry with remote calling, Garage door interface, Alexa interface to control system, Uniview (UNV) CCTV system and Q Acoustic ceiling speakers throughout.